One of those funny calls we get every now and then is about how to block someone from calling or texting you. There are two main ways to go about this. The first is if someone is in your contacts. The second is if someone isn’t.
To block someone that is in your iPhone’s contacts:
- Open the Settings app from your home screen
- Tap on the Phone option (scroll down a little)
- Tap on Blocked
- Tap on Add New
- At the All Contacts window, you’ll see everyone in your Contacts/Address Book
- Scroll to the contact you need to block and tap on that contact
- Tap Block
- The name is then added to the list of blocked contacts
To block a number for a new user that isn’t in your contacts:
- Open the Phone app
- Tap Recents
- Tap the blue i icon to the right of the number.
- At the bottom of the contact tap on Block or Block This Caller
- When you see “You will not receive phone calls, messages, or FaceTime from people on the block list” tap on “Block Contact”
Once added, use the Blocked option in the Phone section of the Settings app to remove a contact if you decide you no longer hate them at some point in the future.